Open house & seasonal celebrations with EarthSpirit
EarthSpirit’s home in the Hilltowns of Western Massachusetts
2019 Sacred Land open house & seasonal celebrations with EarthSpirit:
Sacred Land open houses begin with a walk of the sacred sites on the land, followed by a celebration of the Celtic holidays from Beltane to Samhain.
Please attend the walk if you have not before(usually at 1pm before the 3pm ritual, except for Solstice). All rituals are outside if at all possible (we have limited indoor space if not). Kids are welcome!
For directions and questions call 413-238-4240 or email email@example.com. For questions read info below carefully, see the EarthSpirit Community’s FB page (for last minute details especially), or call the EarthSpirit office: 413-238-4240. Please note that we will try to check messages on the day of the Sacred Land event, but it may be a little erratic, as we will be mostly outdoors! Sturdy shoes are very, very important, especially for kids! We walk through beautiful woods, creek edges and rough fields.
Sacred Land dates:
- Sunday, April 28 1:00pm – 5:00pm EarthSpirit Beltaine Maypole celebration, Sacred Land walk & potluck picnic.
At 1pm walk and honor the land, then at 3pm gather for Beltaine’s joyous holiday maypole by the pond, celebrating the fullness of Spring & new beginnings! Bring instruments, flowers for wreath-making and your own plates and utensils for the potluck so we don’t need to use disposables. Children of all ages are welcome! Come celebrate the Spring!!
- Saturday, June 15th, 4pm til dark (or later?) EarthSpirit Summer Solstice celebration, Sacred Land walk and picnic potluck feast! (with Sarah Stockwell-Arthen and others).
At 4pm walk and honor the land, then at 6pm gather for the celebration of summer and the time of brightness and growing. We will walk the labyrinth with intention, then climb the hill to celebrate the longest day, lighting a traditional bale fire and singing down the sun. And then we feast by the fire at the top of the hill, sharing food, song and story (So… potluck food should be easy to carry, and easy to share. There will be help to carry things as needed, but packing light is a good idea!) Please bring your own picnic utensils (cup and napkin at least? and blanket?), as we move toward an ethic of “re-usability” (no trash bags up there!)
SINGING 5:15! Please join us to learn the songs for the ritual at 5:15 (it’s very fun and makes the ritual richer when a lot of people know the songs…. then at 6pm, the ritual begins)
- Saturday, August 3rd, 1-6 pm EarthSpirit Lunasdal Ritual (& potluck feast)
(with Deirdre Arthen & others).
At 1pm we walk the Land, and then at 3pm gather at the stone circle for a celebration of the first harvest, thanking our food for its sacrifice, feeding the the sacred stones and joining to feast. (Bring yummy food to share!) Please bring your own picnic utensils if you like, as we move toward an ethic of “re-usability” and minimizing trash.
- Sunday, September 22nd, 1-6pm EarthSpirit Autumn Equinox (& portable potluck feast!)(with Rowan Hawthorne, Sarah Stockwell-Arthen & others).
At 1pm we walk the Land, and then at 3pm we process to the Sacred Grove for a celebration of the fullness of the growing season, a blessing of the trees in the circle, and of ALL trees, and the coming of the dark time. This is in part a working and blessing ritual, in which we water, mulch and otherwise love up the trees and pollinator garden (with its stone venus) in the circle of the grove. Also, we sing, we share stories and we feast, so please bring yummy food that is easy to carry and share, (such as bread, fruit & cheese… or a cut up roast!) There will be help to carry things as needed, but packing light is a good idea. Please bring your own picnic utensils (cup and napkin at least? and blanket?), as we move toward an ethic of “re-usability” (no trash bags up there!)
SINGING 2:15! Please join us to learn the songs for the ritual at 2:15 (it’s very fun and makes the ritual richer when a lot of people know the songs…. then at 3pm, the ritual begins) (such as bread, fruit & cheese… or a cut up roast!)
- Sunday, October 27th, 1pm to 5pm EarthSpirit Ancestor Ritual at Samhain (with Deirdre Pulgram Arthen) and Sacred Land walk. Following the walk, we will gather for a quiet and reflective time deep in the woods where we can remember and open to those who have gone before us.
Guidelines for Visitors:
- Please notice the private homes in the middle of the land, and respect the privacy of residents.
- There are portable facilities available for visitors.
- Do not bring any alcohol or drugs, and leave pets, including dogs, at home.
- Dress for being outdoors, including good shoes/boots for walking in the woods.
- We prefer to maintain a cigarette smoke-free environment, but if you need to smoke, please do so outdoors away from the buildings and field-strip your butts.
- Please use no candles or incense, because of risk of fire.
- Please angle park on the right as you drive in.
Directions are available by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office at 413-238-4240
Honor the Earth and all beings
Gather for traditional holidays that mark the cycles of nature
Travel a labyrinth, enter a stone circle, sing at a peace cairn . . .
We walk to honor & greet the sacred sites, then gather for seasonal rituals
based on earth-centered traditional Pagan practices of Celtic Europe.
Deepen your connection to the Earth and the places you love.
EarthSpirit, a non-profit organization, holds events and gatherings honoring the Earth and drawn from the indigenous traditions of Northern Europe.